Monday, March 13, 2017

one foot in front of the other...

It's been three months since I have been diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. A journey I never thought I would be on but here I am. Searching, longing, desiring that "new" normal. I received a card in the mail last week that defined HOPE. "It's that beautiful place between the way things were and the way things are yet to be." Way to go, Hallmark. You put words to the way I feel each day. I'm in the middle. We all are. The dash in between the day we were born and the day we die. The battle. The time that we prepare, we trust, we stumble, we love, we cry, we laugh, we doubt, we live. The middle. One of my favorite musicians, Ellie Holcomb, sang about it so well in her song, Find You Here.
July 28, 2016 was my last day of work at a church that was my place of employment for 20 years. I sensed it was time for something new. I dreamed of starting a non-profit and use my story for others as they battle through their own story. I wanted to speak and write. I had no idea what that would look like, I still don't, but I knew I had to put one foot in front of the other and take the first step. The very first day of "retirement" , I sat on my deck and googled, "How Do I Start A Non-Profit." I spent the next few months applying for disability (a full time job in itself), meeting with friends who were wise with 501C3's start ups and listening to God. A lot. I had been approved for disability and enrolled in medicaid, as I waited and trusted until my first source of income came five months later. I was amazed how the whole process was relatively painless and so thrilled that my ministry did not have to support me financially. It Takes Hope (www.ittakeshope.org) was born.
sneak peek with the team at It Takes Hope
 (photo credit: studio 6.23)
God is so faithful even when it feels like you are just treading water.
I joke that I didn't realize I quit work for a full time job in cancer. But God knew. The timing of it all has been amazing. Don't get me wrong, I hate that I have cancer. It makes me so disappointed that my future is unknown. But it was with FA. What's critical is what I do in the middle. How I fight this battle. Oddly, that's the fun part.
"It's that beautiful place between the way things were and the way things are yet to be."
HOPE.
We all need it.
One step at a time.

7 comments:

  1. This prodact is very populler in the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ladies and gentle men i"m so happy to share my testimonies with you all i was suffering for Hepatitis B And Herpes for more them ten years without any cure God now directed me to someone who introduce me to this wonderful man that finally cure this sickness this man Doctor Destiny is a man that have help so many people in all kind of headiness don"t be ashamed to share your problem with this wonderful herbal doctor because he will be ready to help you in any kind of headiness you can contact him on

    1) LUPUS (2) BRAIN TUMOR (3) CANCER (4) HSV-1 (5) HPV (6) HIV

    WhatsApp Phone number +2348105074556

    Email.. drdestinyspellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies and gentle men i"m so happy to share my testimonies with you all i was suffering for Hepatitis B And Herpes for more them ten years without any cure God now directed me to someone who introduce me to this wonderful man that finally cure this sickness this man Doctor Destiny is a man that have help so many people in all kind of headiness don"t be ashamed to share your problem with this wonderful herbal doctor because he will be ready to help you in any kind of headiness you can contact him on

    1) LUPUS (2) BRAIN TUMOR (3) CANCER (4) HSV-1 (5) HPV (6) HIV

    WhatsApp Phone number +2348105074556

    Email.. drdestinyspellhome@gmail.com .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter herpes virus for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. Sambo. I am DEBORAH BALOGH from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr. Sambo online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr. Sambo via his E-mail divinespellhome@gmail.com and he did not responds to me in time and I went back to the same testimony for his mobile number and I called him immediately +2348145810121 and he respond to my call. He welcome me as a daughter and I explain my four years situation to him and he said is done just as I have contacted him and I believed in him. Dr. Sambo sends me some herbal medication for herpes cure and he gave me instruction on what to do and I obeyed his instruction. Changes started after three days of applying the herbal medication. I went to the same CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for test and i was herpes negative. I do not know how to thanks Dr. Sambo for saving my life. To God be the Glory, I am living healthy with my family today.

    Indeed, Dr. Sambo is a great man

    and the only thing he requested from me is to share my Testimony for the world to see for a safe living from herpes viral disease and just as I did.

    God bless Dr. Samble for his good work...

    E-mail divinespellhome@outlook.com

    ( Go through his website https://divinespellhome3.wixsite.com/spellhome for more details)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pg Soft เล่นได้ทุกแพลตฟอร์ม รองรับทุกระบบปลอดภัย 100% เล่นได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ยิ่งเล่น ยิ่งรวยแน่นอน

    ReplyDelete
  7. ทดลองเล่น pg slot เว็บเกมสล็อตออนไลน์น้องใหม่จากค่าย พีจีสล็อต ค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ที่ลูกค้าทั่วโลกต่างยกย่องให้เป็นเว็บเกมสล็อตออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ตลอดการ

    ReplyDelete