Tuesday, April 11, 2017

a gift in the hard.

On the outside, my life looks hard. And it is. Really hard. But it is also bursting at the seams with God's gifts. One of those unexpected gifts has been a friendship because of the hard. 
A couple of years ago a high school friend emailed me through facebook. He is a PhD oncology researcher and living with a stage IV diagnosis of colon cancer. He followed my clinical trials with FA closely and became a huge encourager in my life. 
Throughout our friendship and his amazing spirit, I hooked him up with a few of my friends who were also walking the path with cancer. (Facebook can really be a good thing)
Last summer, he took time off from his treatments and spent a few weeks meeting his virtual friends around the country. I was fortune it enough to join this group for dinner one night.
Truth be known, I felt a little odd. They were all part of a club that bonded them together. We even joked about it. I commented that I was on Holy ground. I thanked them for making feel welcomed in the hard.
2016-07_Holland Fellow Patient Meeting.JPG
the "club" after dinner last summer
This hard is now my reality. I am living with a stage IV diagnosis of breast cancer. God knew I needed a Tom in my life. 

It's surreal that I am part of this club now. But I am so thankful to be standing on Holy Ground in the hard. And I am so very grateful for His gift of Tom.

8 comments:

  1. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.
    home decor

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I needed to pick amongst resting and perusing this blog, I'd unquestionably run with this blog.
    navigate to this website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  4. AKBET25 เว็บพนันบอลออนไลน์ ที่ดีที่สุดในไทย สมัครกับเว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ สมัครง่าย ได้เงินจริง slot pg ฝาก-ถอน ออโต้ 30 วิ บริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slot999 ที่สุดของเกมส์สล็อตออนไลน์ที่ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย เล่นง่าย เล่นได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง พีจีสล็อต ด้วยระบบ ฝาก-ถอน เงินแบบออโต้ที่รวดเร็ว ทันใจ ไม่ต้องรอนาน มีแอดมินดูแลตลอด

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joker123 ทำให้การเล่นเกมส์ออนไลน์ pg slot ของท่านง่ายแล้วก็สบายเพิ่มขึ้น ไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาเดินทาง ไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลารอคอยการฝากเงินอีกต่อไปด้วยการให้บริหารผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ

    ReplyDelete