Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cinderella?


I have adorned the nick name Cinderella these past few days with trepidation as well as pride. I am making plans to attend the FA energy ball. (Link is on the side)
The trepidation is the lack of transportation down to Tampa. Plans are up in the air and I leave in two days. A bit intimidating, to say the least.
On the flip side, there is extreme pride when I think of being involved in this fight to win the war of finding a treatment or cure for FA.
So I guess I come by the name Cinderella honestly. I imagine she felt a bit overwhelmed as her step sisters made it nearly impossible to attend the ball. She didn't give up and nor will I. Although her dress was waved by a wand and she rode in on horse and buggy, I will wear my Goodwill gown and wheel in my chair eager as she was, for a prince. And for me, a prince would be nice but a cure would be the best...before the clock strikes midnight, here I come USF.

No comments:

Post a Comment