Sunday, March 26, 2017

hope in the hurt.

When I was 18 I said good-bye to life in the states and spent my first semester in college living in Singapore. I was confident and excited as to what was ahead. The unknown didn't scare me but rather motivated me to be the person God created me to be.
26 years later, I am still living in a foreign land and want more than anything to live in His will.

As a 44 year old, I'd be lying if I didn't say the question of the future weighs heavy on my heart.
It's no secret that my life has been hard. I carry disappointments around like it's going out of style. I confront suffering like an old friend. And welcome the unanswerable with silence. I've been challenged to trust the hurting. This journey of stage IV cancer is no different.
But these past couple of days I've been struggling to articulate the tension I am feeling. The space between living and dying. I was there before- we all are. We live to die, right? I have to admit, that part is exciting. If everything I believe about heaven is true, I  will be more than fine.
But it's not knowing what God wants from me that is tripping me up. I admit that I wish the cancer didn't metastasize. I'd fight like hell to win the war with breast cancer. But this stupid disease is invading an already beat up body.
So there's the unrest. The disappointment. The suffering. The unanswerable.  The silence. The hurt.

The last round of chemo hit me hard. I'm scared to start the third round on Wednesday. I meet with my oncologist before it to hopefully approach the regimen of treatment differently. I need to live to die a better way.

And I still need to hope in the hurt.

10 comments:

  1. You are so good at putting thoughts and feelings into words. You articulate this journey with raw transparency and honesty. Love you my friend that inspires me all the time. #ittakeshope #battleready

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Breathe in peace and know we've got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have a way of inspiring me with your words. I needed this today. I love you Hollister. I'm praying like crazy ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am Lisa by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes for 3years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw mr Brown post on how Dr Aba saved him from the VIRUS with his herbal medicine i contacted Dr Aba on his email address dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me through courier service and told me how to use it,after 14days of usage I went to see the doctor for test ,then the result was negative,am the happiest woman on earth now. this testimony is real.thanks to Dr Aba God bless you. you can also reach him on his whatsApp number +2348107155060

    ReplyDelete
  5. All thanks to Dr Ogudugu just contacted this man after my husband of about 4years left me and to my surprise it took this man just 3days to bring him back to Dr Ogudugu his the best spell caster around to solve any problem for you.
    {1} HIV/AIDS
    {2CANCER
    {3}HERPES
    {4}DIABETES
    (5}HERPERTITIS B

    Email: GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM
    Call/WhatsApp:+27663492930

    ReplyDelete
  6. ฟิลเลอร์เป็นอย่างไร





    ?
    สารเติมเต็มผิวหรือที่เรียกด้านการแพทย์





    ว่า เดอร์มอล ฟิลเลอร์ เป็น



    สารไฮยารูโรนิก แอติด





    หรือ HA เป็นสารที่รับประกัน







    มาตรฐานความปลอดภัยทั่วทั้งโลก





    แล้ว เป็นสารสกัดที่ได้มาจากธรรมชาติ









    ที่มีส่วนประกอบ



    ของคลอลาเจน มีส่วนประกอบ





    ประกอบกันเป็นร่างแหด้วยแนวทาง



    ทางเคมี ซึ่งมีอยู่แล้วในเซลล์ผิว มีความปลอดภัยสูงฉีดฟิลเลอร์คาง
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์หน้าผาก
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์จมูก

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Amelia, I want to use this medium to thank Dr. Iyabiye, for saving me from CHRONIC HEPATITIS B. I suffered this ailment for 3 years, then this fateful day browsing through the internet to see if I could get help, I saw his contact and testimonies of others he has cured. I contacted him for help, and afterwards he administered his medication on me, I was confirmed cured and hepatitis free at the hospital after the treatment. You too can be cured like me if interested, reach him through his contacts: (+2348072229413 or +2348158577300) email: (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pg Slot 99 ตัวแทนเว็ปยักษ์ใหญ่ ปลอดภัย อันดับ 1 ของไทย รวดเร็ว และเป็นที่นิยมมากมาย มีพนักงานพ้อมบริการ ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง pgslot

    ReplyDelete
  10. สล็อตออนไลน์ ยอดฮิตกับ PGSLOT เว็บน้องใหม่เแตกง่าย ปลอดภัย สะดวกเล่นได้ทุกที่ทุกเวลา รวยทางลัดได้ง่ายๆ สนุกจนลืมเวลาก็ PG SLOT ที่นี่ที่เดียว

    ReplyDelete