Wednesday, July 14, 2010

signs.



But me, I'm not giving up.
I'm sticking around to see what God will do.
I'm waiting for God to make things right.
I'm counting on God to listen to me.
Micah 7:7

Five years ago one of my sisters made me a sign when I moved into a new home that says, "never ever, ever, give up!" She hung it above my kitchen sink. And three years ago I moved it to my new home and placed it above the kitchen sink again.

For five years I see this sign. I read the words. And I carry on with my daily routine. Nothing changes in the way I do things because I read this saying. Or so I think.

I go through seasons in my life. Some really good and some really bad. And that sign still hangs above my sink. "Never, ever, ever, give up!"

I am traveling through a season in my life in which I love to read. I think I have four books open right now. I become so engrossed with what I am reading, I confuse the story with reality. I love the warmth of summer, my deck, a beverage and a good book. Pure delight.

In one of the books I am reading, the author quotes a passage from Micah 7:7. And I think of the sign above my kitchen sink. "Never, ever, ever give up!"

Believe me, there are days that I want to. Like the other day when I slipped trying to get a shirt that was hung on the top of my closet and while going down, caught the pocket of my pants on the joystick to my wheelchair which projected it forward wedging me further in the bottom of my closet floor.

"Never, ever, ever give up!"

That doesn't mean I didn't scream and cry. Okay, I wailed. I allowed the tears to fall and my frustration to run its course. I took a deep breath and hoisted myself off the ground.

"Never, ever, ever give up!"

Nothing is really happening. I'm not involved in a new treatment. I'm not flying in a private plane each month. I'm not doing anything.

Or am I?

I'm not giving up. Not ever.

I guess that's something.

Thanks for the sign, Christy.
..."I'm sticking around to see what God will do"...

*disclaimer: this photo has nothing to do with this post. I just like it. Two guys kissing me? Hello!
But seriously, Brad and Brian and their wives are huge cheerleaders in my life. They make me feel as if they are in my corner and they won't let me give up. Never, ever, ever.

2 comments:

  1. You have three new posts that I haven't read yet! I miss you.
    And the dresser...horrible.
    And the picture...I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Great outlook. Great reminder. Glad you like the sign. I love you.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete