Friday, November 5, 2010

ice=joy


I love this photo. To me, it portrays so much more than Delsie being her cute self in the coffee shop at my place of employment. I was laughing when I snapped this shot and I snicker every time I look at it.
See, Delsie knows exactly what she is doing. She ain't no dummy. She loves ice. I mean LOVES it. Frozen water speaks to her in ways that produce the wagging of the tail and smile on her face. Just the mere sound of the shaking of ice in a glass, causes her stop dead in tracks and hone in on the location in case one is "spilled". ICE translates into another three letter word for Delsie: JOY.
So on this particular day after I filled my cup cappuccino and started to head up to my office for the day, I realized Delsie was not by my side. This was her pose. A solid statue planted next to the ice machine. Waiting expectantly and hopeful for a passer-by to notice her and "drop" a few cubes her way.

This morning I read, "Our human tendency is to feel trapped by visual situations. But circumstantial evidence is not the truth of a matter. It is deceptive. God's assessment is always the truth of every situation. And it doesn't include our being trapped by superficial appearances."

These past few weeks, I felt trapped. I didn't ground myself in the truth. My eyes were fixated on the current circumstance. This deception led me to believe the lies. And my body got the best of me. I admit that I wasn't patient in my waiting for the ICE or more importantly the JOY. It's all around us.

Coffee shops or friends visits, emails or phone calls.

Similar to Delsie, I will wait expectantly and HOPE for a cure for FA.

Until then, a lot of tail wagging will happen.
With D and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment