Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm okay.

This past week I bumped into someone that I hadn't seen for over ten years. "HOLLY! Hi."
Uh oh- I had no idea who she was although she did look vaguely familiar. I have tried to handle these awkward situations with grace. I simply replied to her, "Help me remember our connection again?" She did and I remembered. I smiled and said, "Sure enough! How have you been?" At this moment her face dropped and she grabbed my arm, "Well, I am doing great but it doesn't look like you are doing too well."
Welcome to my life.

This morning, I had to say good-bye to Delsie. Our lives are going to be changed forever. And because of MY fear of separation, I have been struggling. I can't cry and talk and my dad has trouble hearing-not a good combination. He asked me if I wanted to say good bye to Delsie before I left for PA. Through my tears, I did it. My dad is oh so sweet for watching her for 3 weeks while I meet Barkley. Just like everyone who is encouraging me with hugs, prayers, notes, candy, texts and donations....it's so overwhelming. And so very humbling.

I wish I was quick enough to respond to my old acquaintance, "I am doing awesome. In fact, the best I've ever been." Instead, I left our conversation a bit stunned but believing in my heart without a shadow of a doubt that on the outside, I may not look okay but on the inside, my cup overflows.

2 Corinthians 4:16

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

This time tomorrow, I'll be hugging Barkley good-night.

Yea, I'm okay.

1 comment:

  1. Praying you and Barkley have a long and loving relationship!

    ReplyDelete