Saturday, January 12, 2013

God Of My Everything

I turned the big 4-0 on New Year's Eve. And this year, surprisingly, I was looking forward to celebrating. Some of my dear friends made reservations for dinner at a restraunt I had never been and we planned to bring in the New Year at my house. My body had other plans. Instead of dinner with friends, it was a visit to the ER with another kidney stone.
Although it is still difficult to believe, everything ended well. While I was stuck with an IV and a cat scan, my friends still were able to have dinner and meet me at my house at the conclusion of the evening.
A nuisance yes but another reminder that I am not in control. My niece and nephews remind me of this. For my 40th birthday, they put together one of my favorite songs (God Of My Everything) from one of my favorite artists (Bebo Norman). Little do they know, I've been listening to this every day since my sister posted it. She recorded this as they rehearsed. The best gift ever.
Thing are falling into place as I plan the trip to Florida the end of this month. It's so great knowing He's in control of everything.

">

No comments:

Post a Comment