Thursday, January 31, 2013

the story continues...

I am not even sure where to begin. I am a bit disoriented, very excited and completely humbled. Yesterday I was in a pool with 80 degree weather and tonight I am freezing as I wait for the heat in my home to rise. I returned home from the final screening at USF. The day consisted of blood work, echo gram, EKG, neurological tests and vision screening before I got the thumbs up to be involved in a 12 month clinical study. It wasn't until Dr. Z told me I was in did I feel a two hundred pound weight lift from my chest. I am so thrilled that this can be a part of my story and I have the opportunity to hear so many others story along the way.
Just like the girl at the hotel who told me a lot of stuff she is going through in life. It broke my heart. As she left my table and my mom returned with more napkins, she asked me if I had talked with her before because she was being that candid. I replied that I had just met her while we were eating breakfast. It's so apparent that we all have a story and if we happen to be so lucky to have someone listen to ours, we are blessed.
Dr. Kelly, me and Dr. Z and of course, Barkley at the final screening Monday.
I am so humbled that Dr. Z and Dr. (yea!) Kelly are part of my story. Because of them and so many others doing the hard work for a cure for FA, I have hope!

2 comments:

  1. Holly - You go girl! Wha Whoo! We get to see the Lord at work! Whether it is an 80 degree pool or a warm furnace, may you feel the warmth of God's goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, it's Beth from your wings of Mercy flight...I looked for you on facebook but no luck...I am Beth Franklin Brutsche...look me up and friend request me. I would love to see your pictures and share ours....we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your mom...and of course Barkley! Would love to be able to take you back for your next appointment...Look forward to talking to you!

    ReplyDelete