Wednesday, February 13, 2013

it's on!

I need your help. I have been on a high thinking that they are so close to a cure for FA. I am focused on travel plans and all of the details to make visits down to Florida. I am so humbled to think that I am playing a small part in the bigger picture of a cure. It's all so overwhelming. It can be all consuming as I move forward.
Yesterday, this excitement I was feeling came screeching to a hault as I received this email from the president at FARA. (Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance) It is an incredible organization that are fighting like mad for the FA community. I was reminded the fight is not over.We need to do our part to keep things moving.
Here's how you can help: join the FARA staff in an important letter writing campaign to your Senators and Congressmen! In the next 24 hours we need you to submit letters on the importance of maintaining funding for the FDA and the NIH.  Click here for the detailed instructions.
My next visit is the end of this month for my baseline visit. I just got more challenging news from Wings of Mercy that a pilot has not signed up. It looks like a commercial flight this time. Although there seems to be so many unknowns and dissapointments, I am not giving up.
Bring it on FA! You don't stand a chance...together, we will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment