Friday, March 1, 2013

the curtain.

waiting in the airport leaving Florida
It is always difficult to leave Florida. I know the weather plays a huge part of the reason for grieving going back to Michigan but I LOVE the whole experience. The people, the USF campus, the hope...the entire package.
This visit was a 3 day baseline and I began the medication. Although we had to fly commercial this time instead of Wings of Mercy, it went great. On the way down to Tampa we were bumped to first class. It was the start of a fantastic trip. I think during the 2 hour flight I believe I said to the friend traveling with me, "we're in front of the curtain!",  at least 10 times.
The front of the curtain was just one of the many blessings through out this visit. It's been 2 days of taking the medication. Even though I have to chug it down with milk, I am thankful for each swallow as my heart fills with hope. I feel that my journey has a purpose as I put one foot in front of another as we travel to a cure...even if it's behind the curtain!

No comments:

Post a Comment