Saturday, March 16, 2013

wax on wax off

 The last visit was the 3 day base line at clinic. I started the time with a questionnaire that was very confusing- it seemed like it was written to trip you up. I kinda felt suckered and wanted to yell, "quit messing with me!" Chris aka Ginger thinks I'm  a nut case already so this outburst would only confirm his impression of me. I am sure he wondered why they weren't studying my psychological condition instead of focusing on FA.  One of my mantras is that it's better to laugh than cry! I certainly do my fair share of both.

After I completed the "written" part of the test, I went to another part of the campus that focused on my hearing. I had to undergo four different tests and few of them are shown here:
The screen on the right is the inside of my right ear. Wax free. The left ear? Disgusting!! The team reassured me that this was common. Hello, Q-tips!

Truth be known, I pretended to be in a recording studio for this portion of the test.

Four people were focused on tests throughout the day. I was so impressed with them and their commitment to the job. One more reason to love USF!
It's mid March and feels more like mid February. There is snow still on the ground. I'm still dependant on my electric blanket. And I find myself dressing for temperature in the negatives! My next visit can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment