Friday, March 8, 2013

focusing.

My Bible lies open on my lap this morning and I keep reading 1 Chronicles 16:11 which says, "Look to the Lord and his strength; see his face always." ALWAYS. Yikes. I am not so sure this would be true of me. Do I ALWAYS seek his face? Not so much. I totally get in the way. A lot.
There have been times, although brief, that I sincerely have sought him and felt that I was loving people as he would/does. And it makes life much more bearable. My life has seasons. The older I get and the more I live, I am acutely aware that this is a season of expectations. Not only in my relationships with people but expecting a cure for this annoying disease.  In the past, I was quick to utter the words, "hoping for a cure" knowing full well my heart wasn't caught up with my head. So when I read, "Look to the Lord and his strength; see his face always." I am reminded that's not about me. This journey to find a cure is not mine to claim; it's his. People will never live up to the expectations I have of them. Only if I seek him, my focus won't be on other people but the hope I have in Him. With or without a cure. That is scary to write and even harder to truly live out but I want to believe it in the core of who I am.
The commitment to this clinical study is a priority for me but I don't want this time to be all about me but the opportunities he puts before me.
Its with that funnel that these photos represent. There is a story behind each of them. It's been a riot so far and I desire to be constantly reminded that it's not about me.
I am scheduled for clinic the end of this month. I am out of vacation days and a pilot hasn't signed up with Wings of Mercy but I am confident he provides when things on paper don't add up. That is, if I keep my eyes fixed on him.
Speaking of eyes, FA has apparently caused my eyes to jump a bit but I have over 20/20 vision in both eyes. The one good gene I do have!
this how I felt after they dilated my eyes for the tests, I couldn't see a blasted thing for a few hours.

ayha matey! testing for color blindness
drawing blood AGAIN and again and again...

1 comment:

  1. awesome pictures! totally laughing at the crossed eyes. by the by... I love that color on you! the blue sweater! You are glowing in these pictures. Do you realize that?! GLOOOOWWWing.

    and how to eyeballs jump? visualizing...

    ReplyDelete