Friday, December 11, 2009

almost out of letters











Still planning. Flights postponed. Schedules rearranged. Again. I'm having an "I can't do this anymore" moment. Tears are flowing and my patience is running thin. I copied part of a devotional down the other day from James McDonald. When I read it, the words practically jumped off the page...

"God did not cause the horrible events in your life, but you need to embrace the fact that He allowed them. God could not make a world in which we are free and at the same time guarantee that everyone would choose Him. So the world is broken and bad things happen. But God promises that He will be with those who love Him. He will bring us through the fire, and we will come forth as gold."
Don't misunderstand me. Running into hiccups with flights down to Florida for this clinic would not be classified as horrible. I get that. Hopefully I can keep perspective. But, at times such as these, I feel like having FA is horrible. And I am sick of it. So weary.

I am purging today. My selfishness. It's selfish, I know. The "why me?!" moment. This, too, shall pass. I know that. Even if I have to hitch hike.

1 comment:

  1. Holly - A gentle reminder that you are under the everlasting arms of God.

    ReplyDelete