Monday, April 12, 2010

Memories



Before this journey becomes a thing of the past, I scroll through the photos and remember. Or laugh. And in this video, I am doing just that. The plane is very "bumpy" because we are preparing for the flight home from FL to MI for my last visit to USF last month.
I need to remind you that this is one of my sisters who is petrified of flying in a small plane. When we were on the tarmac anticipating the take off, there was a flapping sound on the exterior of the plane that freaked her out. FREAKED OUT. She wanted me to tap the pilot and draw his attention to the noise. (that is what she is saying, "get Matt"! Followed by her pointing.) I was laughing so hard, I almost wet my pants. Her eyes and labor breathing say it all.
And watching this video, makes me laugh.
Here's to memories.
Last week was my last official phone call with USF. In the conversation, I reported that I felt like I was still doing well. I was thrilled to say that I haven't fallen since being on Chantix. Jokingly, I said that since I said that, I would fall.
And I did.
The next morning getting out of bed.
Nice.
My focus now is getting on a supplement that will protect my heart.
And I continue to be hopeful that this fight to find a cure for FA is not over.
There is always hope.
Even with a flapping noise on a tarmac.

2 comments:

  1. Howard,
    I'm having a panic attack just watching that! My heart is racing, my palms are sweating..."Get Matt!"

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with her! I hate flying, and that noise was just not right! LOL

    ReplyDelete