Sunday, October 11, 2009

digression...

Friday night around the dinner table with some of my friends, the discussion began with expressing our love for PINK and her song, "SO WHAT".
Somehow it progressed into this...or should I say digressed?.

For lovers of PINK, watch at your own risk. I do not do her justice but my friends re-write of the lyrics are brilliant. This is a "cut" version so I posted the lyrics below.
I love my friends and their creativity.

This video is both mortifying and hilarious - kind of like living life with FA.



Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na

She's got this sucky thing
called Friedreich's Ataxia

she's in a clinical study
down in Florida

At first when she took the pill
she had some weird dreams at night

Dr. Z's the bomb 'cause
she's helping her win the fight

(2x) Na na na na na na na
she's gonna win the fight

so what
she's in a wheelchair
she'll run you over
and she's got big hair

Guess what, she's having more fun
Although she can't run
she's gonna show you for sure
there's a cure, don't ignore,
it takes time, so...

so what she's in a wheelchair
she'll run you over
and she's got big hair.

Delsie's her best companion
she takes her everywhere
God is her main support
without him she wouldn't dare

She flies on Wings of Mercy
she gets to take a friend
after 8 months of tests
she'll make it to the end

Na na na na na na na
she's gonna win the fight

God's always there
he always cares
he gave it all
though it's not fair

He gave her life
She'll give her all
He's always there
she'll never fall.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! LOL! THAT IS STINKIN HILARIOUS!! LOVE IT! I think I still hear their voices in my head... LOL! Yep... still hear their voices...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - Next time you go to Florida, you may want to take your friends with you also.
    Dr. Z may have a cure for them also! Thanks for making me laugh! Praying for you, the study & progress in the fight against FA. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink... blink... wink... stink. How can you subject me to such torture?!? Wait! How can you subject Delsie to such torture?!?! Where's the SPCA when you need them?

    Holly, you make me laugh, you inspire me, you make me believe that seeing joy in ALL things is possible. Don't stop writing. Don't stop making a difference, no matter what the circumstance.

    -marco

    ReplyDelete