Monday, October 5, 2009

puff the magic dragon


Day #14 of taking 10 Mg of placebo or Chantix and nothing feels different. The investigators called again today and by the time I finished answering the list of questions, they ask every phone call, I question if I am really depressed. I'm not. No worries. But answering tons of questions asked in different ways, whether or not you want to harm yourself, makes you second guess your sanity or even fret if this will soon present itself.
So the story my co-worker shared with me about his 10 year old son and this study gave me a moment of comic relief...
The article in the Holland Sentinel is cut out and posted on the bulletin board in the office that his father and I work. This week end his dad was doing some work in his office while his son was waiting for him. As he was waiting he read the article about me and the clinical study.
He was a bit perplexed and walked into his dad's office and said,
"Dad, I didn't know Miss Holly was a smoker."

From the mouths of babes but a mind of an adult. A 10 year old comprehending the word "cessation".
I think he was more baffled that I took smoke breaks than the potential of curing FA.

No comments:

Post a Comment