Monday, January 11, 2010

...as the pages turn

It has been 6 months since this journey began. I visited the clinic 4 times and have 3 more to make. In the beginning, everything was new and the support was overwhelming. I had no idea where this was going to take me. I still don't. And I think that's okay.
I am committed. This disability has taught me to persevere. To wait. For clear skies. I am continually challenged with my patience. Being faithful in trusting that the wait will be worth it. In this life AND eternity.
This month was no different as I prepare for my 5th clinic. After many emails back and forth with Wings of Mercy, a secured flight is not available. My oldest sister, Cherie, has done her magic again and found a commercial flight leaving out of Chicago next week. It will be a whirlwind doing the airport thing but I am committed. Just as much as the 1st visit.
I have been asking everyone if my speech sounds clearer. It is a riot seeing and hearing people's reaction. Talking is much easier for me. That's a bonus. And this past week I should have fallen at least four times. I didn't. I was able to catch myself. Major bonus.
So I keep lookin' up. For the clear skies and even the storms.

3 comments:

  1. When you called me, during Christmas and we were talking on the phone, my mother could hear your voice from across the room...lol... and after I hung up she goes, "Wow, Holly's voice sounds so much clearer."
    No lie.
    She could tell from across the room AND hearing it from my cell phone, no less! That is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - As you head back to Florida this week, be assured we will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, your blog is so inspirational. You are amazing...please keep us posted as you travel to Florida this week and I'll be praying for positive news for you! Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete