Friday, January 8, 2010

one step for mankind..










It's kicking in! This past week I noticed improvements. I forgot what it was to WANT to walk. The past couple of days, when I walked (with D on one arm and a friend on the other) I had the ability to carry on a conversation. Something that was impossible to do before this drug. Every ounce of effort and energy I had was directed toward concentration for my next step. If any of you have assisted me with walking, you are well aware of how unpredictable my gait was. If you were brave enough to help me, I pulled and yanked while creating a challenge for the "abled" bodied person to maintain balance. As I was leaving a gathering last night with a friend that has known me from kindergarten, we both marveled at my stability and the ability to talk while we walked! Cool stuff! Slight improvements! Probably not even noticeable to a stranger but gains none the less! Now if I can call the plans to fly down for my January visit a success, I'd breathe a bit easier. Still haven't heard anything from Wings of Mercy. The window for me to be at clinic is the 14th, 19th or 21st. Trusting He sees the bigger picture and the knows exact details needed to make that happen...waiting. Not only for the Florida sun but the big 'ole hug I am going to give to Dr. Z.

2 comments: