Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Florida or bust.

On days like these that appear so bleak-grey, dark and cold, I have to remind myself that there is green grass under that white stuff.Or brown grass if it's my backyard. The winter blues have set in. It's official. I would love to transform into a bear and hibernate under my electric blanket for the winter. Wake me up when these drab, winter months are over.
Everything is more of a challenge with my disability during the winter. So tomorrow, not only am I looking forward to blue skies and a little vitamin D, I am anxious to connect with Dr. Z.
On my visits, I am encouraged. I don't feel like a fish out of water. This clinical study has provided me with purpose. I feel like I matter. I must persevere. Not just for me but for others who hopefully won't have to deal with the effects of FA.
A friend from high school sent me an email today. His words wouldn't escape my mind. He said it so well: ..."I realize too that so much of life is our reactions to the unpredictable - because almost all of life is exactly that - unpredictable."
Unpredictable.
FA is certainly that.
That is why I am making my 5th visit to the clinic tomorrow. It's where I belong. And we all want to belong. In the white stuff, green or brown grass. And did I mention the sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment