Saturday, January 2, 2010

staying the course...


On Thanksgiving I was able to walk on my own with Delsie. I felt great. On Christmas I was back to being severely ataxic. I felt exhaustion. I was off the pill for three weeks. We don't know if it was placebo or Chantix. We will never know.
The second half of the study began and I have been on Chantix for three weeks. It requires increasing the dosage slowly. The past couple of days I have noticed that it is easier to talk. I don't feel back to where I was with balance before going off medication. The bizarre dreams are returning. And today is the first day I feel nauseous.
Today, the start of 2010, I will remind myself of our favorite saying a friend started, SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.
In everything. Ataxia, relationships...and in the new year!

1 comment: