Thursday, February 18, 2010

basking


My pastor always ends his sermons by quoting Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at within us, to him be glory in the church in Christ Jesus throughout all generation, for ever and ever! Amen!"
Gulp. Reading these words and thinking about these past seven months, I would never imagined my life at this point. But that's just it- I can't imagine, God totally can. As this study is nearing the end, I was fretting over the completion and panicking that this would be all in vain. I feared that my passion in finding a treatment or cure for this stupid disease would wain and my life would go back to "ho-hum". But God is the one to make it happen, I am along for the ride. For three days, I was letting Him know my concern and basically questioning his plan. No answer. That is until the phone rang from Ohio University. They are doing a 5 year clinical study on the heart and FA patients and asked me if I would be willing to be a part of it!
Listening to the details, I was a bit speechless but agreed to be a participant. My first visit will be in April. The words MRI, IV contrast and 4 minute racing of the heart were thrown around. In my mind, all I could think of was "wow, God, you do more than I ask..."
Admittedly, I have been freaked out with the news about my heart as I discovered from Dr. Z the urgency in protecting it from the damage in the progression of FA. But according to His power He gets it. Why can't I and trust His plan is amazing and far greater than I could ask for?.
Mom and dad, if you're not keeping up with my blog, a stranger in cyberspace may know this before you, I realize that. I've been trying to process it all and attempt to keep up with God! It's always better when I do. I'll just sit back and soak up the "son".

3 comments:

  1. He lets us be a part of this. That's what I thought when I read your post. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome you get to be a part of a heart study in regards to FH. Is it at the Cleveland Clinic? I'll be fascinated to continue to keep up with your journey. I have known since I was a teen that I had genetic high Cholesterol. I got diagnosed with HeFH at 20, which is essentially a rarer form of very high cholesterol involving a mutated gene. I filter cholesterol about 1/2 as fast as a normal person, plus my liver produces too much, leading to extremely high cholesterol. It has been as high as 596. At 32 I was diagnosed with triple vessel blockages - already! I am on meds, a strict vegan diet, and more, but I understand your fear for your heart. I live with it too. I wish you the very best! You can catch me on FB too, I just wanted to comment here for you. :)

    Robin (Sebasta) Ireland

    ReplyDelete