Saturday, March 20, 2010

the end to the beginning.


My last visit for this clinical study was last Monday. My sister, Christy and her daughter, Brecken conquered their fear and joined me on this trip. So many memories were made and A LOT of laughter. But the question remains: now what? I am confident that this is only the beginning. A hope to find a treatment or cure has just begun. I have a peace about it. I trust Dr. Z and her team completely. I don't have the answer to what happens next because I don't know. And I am okay with that. I really am. But not knowing doesn't not equate apathy for me. I hate FA. Hate it. Especially these past couple of weeks of going backward physically. A blatant reminder that Chantix was aiding me in this fight with FA. I am aware now of how much this dumb disease has taken from me. I know I am different. We all are. But I am learning what it means to embrace the journey. In a bizarre way noticing that this difference can be a blessing. Not that I would ask for this but that I will use it. For Him and for others diagnosed with FA, for Dr. Z and the other researchers who are dedicating their time to find a treatment or cure for FA. So, yeah, I could ask for a prescription for Chantix and be done with it. But it is far from over. This is so much bigger than me. I look forward to making more memories and laughing A LOT more. I am sure there will be tears, anger, doubt and certainly questions but it's just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment