Tuesday, March 9, 2010

on the horizon.



My mood has totally changed. I don't think it was the Chantix that made me depressed. It is the lack of sun in West Michigan. I am a therapist and have taken the liberty of diagnosing myself with SAD. Seasonal Affective Disorder.
I am completely enjoying the sun. My curtains are wide open. The sounds of birds chirping wake me up. The piles of snow melting. I think we made it!! Spring is almost here!
I can not wait for the day that this season of finding a treatment or cure for FA is over. I have been in the winter season of FA far too long. I can remember when the journey began and I was in my sisters house walking with a glass of ice water. The family was all there. I walked from the kitchen to the family room and stumbled a little; the water went flying and the tears began. I think I screamed that time. I was scared of what was ahead. We all were. My mom just held me and my sister, Christy, cried while Lo filled my cup with water. Cherie, stood there with a hand to offer me up off the ground. The awful season.
But it's a new day and the sun is shining. Spring is almost here. And just like this sunrise on my deck a few years ago, the treatment for FA or even a cure is in the horizon!
And in the meantime, God has blessed me with an amazing family and awesome friends to travel through the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment