Wednesday, September 16, 2009

cricket, cricket, cricket...

I envy people who are deep sleepers. I am not. And stress plays itself out for me in the night or should I say morning. Every situation becomes magnified and after being awake with the chirping of the crickets, for what seems like hours, I shake my head in disbelief that I burned the midnight oil worrying about such matters.
Last night, it was providing the right type of condiments on a sundae for guests and now tonight it is transportation once I arrive in Florida.
A good indicator that I am stressed.
So, here I am. Posting at 2:45 in the morning, up with the crickets, listening to my dog snore next to me and longing to be a woman of faith that God will provide. And He will. Sleep or no sleep.

In the wee hours of the morning when all normal people are in REM, (or if you are a Le Blanc girl, you're cleaning the kitchen floor or doing a load of laundry) I am going over the options I have once I arrive at the airport, to travel the 9 miles to the hotel. Yes, 9 miles.

Option #1: A taxi that would be $50 one way.

Option #2: a super shuttle for $74 round trip.

These options seem ridiculously insane to me. I would put my power wheelchair in high gear and "walk" the distance. However, since I travel with my manual wheelchair the speed in which I go, would bring me to the end of the airport terminal by the time I would need to be at the clinic the next day!

Oh, how I long not only to be a deep sleeper but to be a person who doesn't worry about condiments or transportation. It will all work itself out...
I think I would rather be mopping my kitchen floor or doing a load of laundry but this dang FA makes it nearly impossible to endure chores like these when I am awake, let alone semi-comatose and completely stressed out.

And now my lap top battery is blinking low and Delsie is awake now, too.
I will pick up some reading material with the hope that I will drift off to sleep. And when the crickets stop chirping, I think I'll phone the University and ask if someone would pick us up.

Everything will look brighter when the sun rises. Just when I fall into REM and Delsie starts snoring.

3 comments:

  1. Being a LeBlanc girl does guarantee sleepless nights, but it doesn't guarantee a high work ethic. My floors and laundry aren't generally positively affected by my insomnia. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - If you're traveling with someone else, it might be less expensive (than $74) to rent a car for two days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Blue Shuttle! In L.A. it's only 30 bucks round trip, or Super Shuttle, and then there is Prime Time Shuttle.All way cheaper than $74- that seems awfully expensive! I've never heard of it being that much. I do like the idea of having someone pick u up too!
    Now, as far as condiments for ice cream. I vote for: sprinkles, chocolate syrup, carmel syrup, and if you buy bags of tiny candy bars (its almost halloween, Rite Aid might have some deals or Walmart!) you can have someone help you chop them up and that will go further, like MnM's snickers, crunch, butterfingers.... OH YUM.

    ReplyDelete