Friday, September 25, 2009

disappointments and expectations



Get-togethers at the LeBlanc house tend to be a bit insane. Being an aunt to my nine nephews and nieces is one of those things in my life I am extremely proud of. I have to be honest and say my heart grieves that I have not added to the count of grandchildren with children of my own. (yet?) But the moments with my sister's children are priceless and warm my heart.
Like the other day when we gathered as a family before our meal. As always, Pata (my dad) asks if anyone would like to pray. With our heads bowed and hands folded, my six year old nephew, Jagger, begins,
"Dear God, thank you for this day and help my Aunt Holly to walk again."

Just as it did then, my eyes fill with tears. I acknowledge that life is filled with disappointments.
BUT it's
Day #4 on Chantix and I am chosing to be filled with expectations of what God is capable of...right, Jags?

At least for now no side effects...phew.

1 comment:

  1. Please keepus posted, we are all desperate to find out about your trial.
    My name is Hector. I am 45 years old and I have Friedreich.
    I really hope you get better.

    Regards,

    Hector.

    ReplyDelete